It was the most colourful birthday celebration in my life.
March, 31st – Easter, Holi celebration in Malaysia and… my birthday. I went to Holi, Hindu Festival of Colours. It has many purposes, but the main is to enjoy the beginning of spring. For me it was also about beginning new, exciting year of my life – this time in Asia. It was beautiful.
I felt like being back to my childhood for few hours.
Imagine that you can throw coloured powder at the people you don’t know. Everywhere around you there are smiled people with their faces painted in many different colours, wishing “Happy Holi” to each other. You have small chats with the people you see for the very first time in your life, you dance together to Indian music.
It was like being completely free, enjoying the moment, celebrating, bonding with people, being simply happy. Holi reminded me that there is always good time to play, to laugh and to appreciate the small moments in life. And to live in a colourful way!
Holi was celebrated in Kuala Lumpur in The Temple of Shree Lakshmi Narayan Mandir
- Happy Holi! (mimisioux.wordpress.com)
- Colourful Kulfis | Celebrating The Colours Of Holi! (ishitaunblogged.com)
- A riot of colours (dawn.com)
- Holi: the festival of colours (dawn.com)
- Pragwah: The Festival of Colours by Caribbean Hindus (repeatingislands.com)
- Festival of Colors (artsfield.net)
- Stunning Photos Of Holi, The Hindu Festival Of Colors (businessinsider.com)