Do you like to listen to the stories of others?
Recently I have had the chance to get to know the stories of some people from very different background. Do you know this feeling when, listening to the story of someone, you realize how our experiences in life impact our life? And then your mind is ON mode , and you start thinking…thinking and aksing…and questioning…
What if I … would happen when I was a child?
Whom would I be now if… in the past?
What if my parents…?
How would my life look like if I were born in/at/as….?
And then you start thinking about the value of you life. I don’t want to make this post super-sweet-positive, but want to share with one thought after listening to some of those, very powerful for me, stories. Too often we forget to appreciate our life. Literally.
Have you ever asked a taxi-driver about his dreams?
I did. Tonight, in Kuala Lumpur. Sim, because that is his name, responded:
– I don’t…remember. Too long time. I was key-maker, now I’m a taxi driver for 3 years.
I asked, which job he preferred. He couldn’t make up his mind. He just said:
– you have more flexibility when driving a taxi – you work when you want.
I continued the conversation:
– Then, what do you do in your free time?
– (laugh) I sleep!
– You sleep? So, how often do you work?
– I work every day, 7 days a week.
– But… do you have any dreams? You must have some. Maybe any small dreams? Soemthing you would like to have or do?
– Don’t remember. Sorry-la, I just speak little bit English…